Union Technical Services Ltd fully comply with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our key priority.
While the situation surrounding COVID-19 remains challenging, we will continue to closely monitor government and official public health organisation announcements for guidance. We are keen to share the actions we are taking in relation to keeping our customers and staff safe.
Our employees are fully updated on the current requirements and we are undertaking stringent health and safety measures to ensure that the highest possible hygiene standards are maintained throughout every aspect of our daily work – particularly for our teams visiting customers’ homes.
We have distributed antibacterial wipes and hand gel to all employees (both office based and field staff). In addition, all field staff have been issued with special gloves and Force 8 face masks which restrict the spread of the virus.
Our Installation Teams are required to undertake a dynamic risk assessment before entering each property and go through a hygiene procedure which involves cleaning and sanitising their hands and wearing the special gloves and Force 8 face masks.
Assessors and Install Teams are also required to confirm with you that your health hasn’t changed from when the appointment was originally booked. You as the customer are welcome to confirm with the Assessor/Installer that they have completed the required hand cleaning before they enter your home.
Our Assessors and Installers will follow the guidelines below whilst undertaking any home visit.
Before entering your home:
- You will be asked if anyone within the household has begun experiencing any symptoms since the appointment was made.
- You will be asked if anyone within the household have been advised to self-isolate. Assessors/Installers will not enter the premises of any customer who reports symptoms or is in self-isolation.
- If you answer ‘yes’ to questions 1 & 2 then we will not enter your property. The Assessor/Fitter will instead call Head Office and rebook your job.
- We will call you after 14 days to check that you are clear of any symptoms or have been tested to confirm there is no presence of the virus.
Working in your home:
- Assessors/Installers will clean their hands before and after every visit.
- Assessors/Installers will clean and disinfect tools and equipment that are required in customers residence for each household.
- Assessors/Installers will keep contact with the customer to a minimum and ask customers to occupy an alternative room whilst working in their premises where possible.
- A polythene doorway cover will be installed where appropriate to isolate the installer inside the separate operational area away from the customer.
- A 2m distance will be maintained at all times while delivering to reduce contact from customers.
- Whilst working in a property, good ventilation will be achieved by opening all available windows and if safe to do so, doors.
- There will be a restrictions on the number of staff working in an area at one time to maintain social distancing where possible.
- PPE – Force 8 Masks will be worn at all times from arrival at the customers property, through installation and only removed when leaving the property for breaks or on completion of the installation.
- Protective clothing will be worn, it will be correctly removed, disinfected and disposed of safely to prevent contamination.
The business receives regular updates on the latest guidance and developments relating to the management of COVID and these will be relayed to staff.
We will continue to take every precautionary measure we can to ensure our customers and staff are kept as safe as possible.
If you have any queries or concerns, please call us on 0800 046 9190 where we will be happy to talk to you about the steps we are taking to protect customers and staff.